Starting August, 2014, there is NO credit hour requirements for North Carolina community
college students to apply for health insurance. Our partnership with Financial Directions and Blue Cross and Blue Shields North Carolina provides community college students, student
alumni, their family and parents the most accessible health insurance program for the 2015-2016 school year on and off the Health Insurance
Eligibility for Student and their relatives
According to HealthCare.gov, most people are eligible for
health coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace (aka Obamacare).
To be eligible for health coverage through the Marketplace, you:
- You must live in the United States
- You must be a U.S. citizen or national (or be lawfully present). cannot be currently incarcerated
Beginning in October 2013, middle-income people who are not eligible for coverage
through their employer, Medicaid, or Medicare, can apply for tax credit subsidies
available through state-based exchanges. In order to meet federal
government health insurance subsided, you must
- Be eligible for health coverage through the Marketplace,
- Live in the United States
- Be a U.S. citizen or national (or be lawfully present). can't be currently incarcerated
- Net income limits for a household of one – income between $11,670 and $46,680.
No subsidies will be offered to international students or scholars visiting
the United States for academic research purpose.